Monday, March 12, 2007

The incredible non-existant holiday



A note for miss kuang:

I'm perfectly capable of code switching between proper, eloquent standard English and basilectal Singlish. But language is ultimately a tool of expression. And if Singlish best expresses what I want to say, how I want to say it, then I believe there is no reason to distance myself from this Uniquely Singapore rojak of languages and dialects.

I'll leave the discourse on how the Singaporean government should not impose a supposedly "refined" culture on Singaporean society, but for now, I'll just say that
(1) Society evolves its own culture ("melting pot"), culture should not be artificially constructed or imposed. (2) there is no such thing as a "superior" or "refined" culture (only modern and moral practices). Let me have my rojak... lah!



Ironies, ironies... our world got so many...

Like school holidays, or lack thereof (not even part thereof). Holidays and weekends supposedly time to do something fun and escape from the pressure-cooker grind of life one, budden got sooo much work until no more holiday and no more weekend liao... no need go school means sit at home do work...

Ok lah i admit i quite greedy and a bit workaholic lah, budden who say i dun like to play com? Surprise surprise... I love simcity and warcraft and command and conquer generals er...train simulator . Who wants to challenge me to C&C generals (if got time)?

I think they should at least let us off during december holidays. Ahem...chinese department? 良药苦口利于病,忠言逆耳利于行 (the first time i use chinese on my blog!). Faham tak? Atau mau faham tak? December no kw den i can do my own stuff (i.e. slack - my definition of slacking includes both reading stuff like economist and playing com though).

Ok rant over.